Re: Flap at back od side windows

To: jmitch@snet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flap at back od side windows
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 21:15:38 EST
In a message dated 12/3/2005 6:46:23 PM Central Standard Time,
jmitch@snet.net writes:
>   This is probably a stupid question, but does the flap on the soft top
> behind the side windows go inside or outside when the windows are rolled
> up?  It looks more right when the flap is outside, but then the door
> wont open with the window up.  Thanks for any help.   John Mitchell 76 TR6

I think you answered your own question.  The flap does go inside if you want
to be able to open the doors.  On the TR7's and 8's that flap goes all the way
to the windshield, there is no bar with the rubber seal on those cars.  In
fact in most respects the TR6 top is a better design than the top on the
wedges.
 When I try to roll up the window on the TR8 at speed the wind will suck the
flap out and the window will get behind it and I can't open the door until I
roll down the window

Cheers

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org