Bob paul getting out of the triumph world selling his

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bob paul getting out of the triumph world selling his
From: tr1414@aol.com
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 14:17:35 -0500
My Dad, Bob Paul, was an old line TR guy. He was active on this list a few
years back. He's owned and driven TR2 through TR4 over the past 40 years and in
the process acquired a pretty good collection of literature, Triumph (25 or 30)
and general sports car and early racing stuff .

Some books are from the 50's and are probably real rare, like a book called the
TRIUMPH GUIDE form 1959.  full of early stories and details. Colin Campbell's
1965 "The Sports Car" with incredible details about developing suspension,
carburation, tuning tips. Alan Johnson's 1972 book "Driving in Competition",
Paul Frere's 1965 "Sports Car and Competition Driving and Denis Jenkinson  1958
chronicle of early racing with Stirling Moss "The Racing Driver.

He's also asked me to sell his limited edition copy (161 or 500) of  Piggott'ss
book TRIUMPH BY NAME  TRIUMPH BY NATURE with original signatures by Ken
Richardson and Bill Piggott. Piggott said in a letter to Dad  that he didn't
think Richardson would get all signed as he was very ill at the time.

There's also a bunch of early stuff from the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, Driver
Id's, tickets, brochures.  He's even got the original announcers notes from one
early race, and a blank check from the Grand Prix corporation, plus the usual
hats, mugs, wall placks and even a Grand Prix beer can !

There are also about 10 or 15 dash placks from early club events in the 50's
from Watkin's Glen region clubs.

He's sold the cars and most of the parts and is moving to Mexico. He asked me
to sell the books and literature on e-Bay. I'm hoping to get all the auctions
done real fast as I'm a full time student and finals are coming up. These might
make great gifts for Triumph guys and gals. If interested watch
Some of the stuff is up already.

Also my 55 TR2 is coming along real well.  Out out of the paint shop looking
fabulous.  Engine is 95% rebuilt and should come back from the machine shop for
installation soon.  Hopefully before Dad is off to Mexico permanently. The car
has to be sold to fund my college and I will be setting up a web site soon.
I'ts a nut and bolt , frame off restoration, as original as possible, except
for the Mahle 87  40 over pistons.

TR Paul

===     http://www.vtr.org