Re: Want a TR4A IRS

To: david.randall@shaw.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Want a TR4A IRS
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:30:15 EST
In a message dated 12/1/2005 8:06:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
david.randall@shaw.ca writes:

Now I'm looking for my personal dream-car, a TR4A IRS. My  brother-in-law
restores TR6s, so I've a decent knowledge of the IRS  Triumphs...
I really want to get into local vintage rallying, and I want a  car built on
or before Dec. 31st '67, so it'll be elegible for the larger  rally's rules
(including Targa Newfoundland). I've read that a few TR4As were  built in '68.

==AM==
I don't think you need worry much about that. Yes, a number of TR4As  are
titled as 1968 models; in fact, TR4As were still "price-listed" by Triumph  in
the US in 1968. But (according to information on the VTR web site) CTC  78684,
the last TR4A, was built July 10, 1967.

At worst, a BMIHT certificate should be enough to satisfy the rallye
organizers as to the actual age of the vehicle?

--Andy Mace

===     http://www.vtr.org