Re: Gearbox oil change.

To: "Steinman, Bill" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Gearbox oil change.
From: "John A. Wise" <JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:11:20 -0700
At 12:46 PM -0400 9/16/05, Steinman, Bill wrote:
>Howdy all:
>
>Here's a quick question.  I've read the workshop manual and the Haynes
>manual, and they seem to assume a bit more knowledge than I have of my
>car at the moment. I'd really appreciate someone giving me a step by
>step for draining the oil in my gearbox, refilling it, and what
>lubricant I should use.

Bill

The following URL provides my description of how I refill the tranny
on my TR3 & with a slight mod (where I hang the funnel) how I do it
for my 911.  For the 911  I hang the funnel from a step of a folding
ladder standing next to the car.
http://members.cox.net/60tr3a/TrannyReFill.html

It is simple & easy.  You only need a reasonable size funnel & some
clear plastic tubing (so you can see the flow of the oil).  Also
placing what ever you use to catch the oil during an oil to catch the
excess that drains out of the tube once the tranny is full is helpful
to minimizing the clean up.

John
--
John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE