TR3 - 5 point racing harness install?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 - 5 point racing harness install?
From: James Smith <mohawkjames@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:13:47 -0400
Hey folks,

Just getting my Dad's 1961 TR3A back on the road after a 9 year hiatus; one
of the things I'm concerned with is safety. I've purchased an SFI approved 5
point harness to install, and I was curious if anyone on the list has had
experience here. Specifically, I'm looking to fabricate either a crossbar or
other mount point to secure the upper shoulder straps for the driver and
passenger. This will probably run between the rear wheelwells so that in
case of an accident, the seat backs would not deform under load from the
car's original belt mount points..

The easiest thing would be to install a rollcage, but money prohibits that
for now, what with cages selling for upwards of $500. Any help would be
appreciated! Fabrication is expected, and I've got no issues there.

Many thanks,

James Smith
mohawkjames@gmail.com