Re: Triumph Values

To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Values
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:27:50 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Feibusch <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>

[Regarding the generally wonderful Morris Minor]

Sure they ane underpowered and have silly little brakes but they look
cool
and have models from Vans and Pickups to convertibles and woodies.
Extreme
cheap-car syndrome. VW beetles are also dropping about the same. Try
selling a Herald or even worse, a Standard 10.

What is really strange to me is how people are getting $15 grand for
Messerschmitts, Isettas, and Citroen 2CVs - cars that are way less
roadable
than the Herald or Minor.

Sorry, just some useless random thoughts.

======
Interesting, but from what I've seen in the past few years, it's really
not hard at all to sell a Herald. Of course, it really, really helps if
it's a convertible, as not many folks seem to want a Herald sedan. And
I'll grant you that the Herald 1200 seems much more attractive to
prospective buyers than the older, less powerful 948 series.

Once in a while, a Triumph 10 Estate wagon will catch someone's eye;
otherwise, I suspect you're right about the sedan version. Not terribly
interesting to most folks nowadays.

But yeah, why DO the "microcars" with almost no on-the-road usefulness
tend to sell so well? Novelty?

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>