Re: Crankcase Breather?

To: fpgowash@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crankcase Breather?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:48:05 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/2005 4:41:52 PM Central Standard Time,
fpgowash@cox.net writes:
> I drive my TR3A infrequently but when I do I notice that there has been
> some
> rather unpleasant mucus looking gunk on the floor. I believe that it is
> expelled from the breather hose when I start the engine...maybe. I was just
> wondering if it is anything to be concerned about as to the possible
> condition of my oil etc.

Perhaps your car has an allergy.

Seriously, it sounds like an oil/water emulsion.  If it is coming from the
draft tube it may not be a problem, just a symptom of not enough trips long
enough to dry things out.  If it is on the dipstick then you may have serious
problems.  Like a blown head gasket.

If the dipstick looks clean, take it on a good, long drive - say 50 miles or
more, and then check the draft tube.

Dave