Re: Electrical questions - results

To: etieseler@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical questions - results
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:32:23 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Eduard Tieseler <etieseler@sbcglobal.net>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Sent: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:38:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Electrical questions - results

  Temp Sensor:  The gauge pegs at full tempurature when
I ground the wire from the sender to a good ground.
That tells me the gauge is still good.  However this
is a new sensor and it did the same thing as the
previous sensor.  It would just barely register on the
gauge.  It would creep just over the cold mark, but
not quite to the "normal" range.  After some thinking,
could it be that the sensor is wrong for my
application?  I say this because I ordered the sensor
for a 69 Spitfire (Which is what the motor is out of)
rather than a 66 Herald.  Could this be the root of my
problem?  Does anyone know if a sensor for a 948
Herald motor will fit into a 1300 MKIII motor?

======
Physically, the early sensor should fit. Question remains, though: Does
your Herald have the voltage stabiliser (I think it's on the back of
the speedo)? If not, then the sensor you ordered (for a '69 Spitfire)
would likely NOT give accurate readings.

Also, have you tested the "actual" coolant temperature? Could be you
have a very cool "summer" thermostat or one that's stuck open...or
possibly no thermostat at all?

--Andy Mace