Re: still got a problem with the TR4

To: "Mike Katona" <mkatona@pinetel.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: still got a problem with the TR4
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:21:36 -0400
Mike, I don't know if it was you or someone else that I wrote who had this
same problem but here goes my 2 cents worth. It was the problem with my
installation when I had a similar issue.
Some times there is enough movement of the crankshaft that the flywheel will
contact the half moon shaped tin cover that is a dirt shield below the block
and covers the bottom of the transmission bell housing.  It can get turned
around the wrong way when installing it. Take it off and if you see some
bright spots that line up with the ring gear bolt heads that's your problem.
Shim it out, flip it around or tap the high spots down and it should correct
the noise. Sounds awful doesn't it.
JVV