Electrical questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical questions
From: Eduard Tieseler <etieseler@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hello list,

Ok so I have a '66 Herald that I converted from
positive ground to negative ground.  Now that that is
clear, is there anything that I need to do to my
temperature gauge?  It does not work right now and I
was thinking that it may be the sensor, so I went
ahead and replaced it, but still nothing.  Does
changing the polarity affect the gauge at all?  Also,
how can I check it to make sure the gauge is still
good?

And my second question involves the charging system.
Recently the generator light came on.  Can you give me
some advise as to how to check the generator to see if
it is working or not?  And finally, does anyone have a
recomendation for getting the generator rebuilt?  I
live in Sacramento, CA.  So someplace local would be
nice, but I could ship it.

Thanks in advance,
Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald