Re: The Weenie, report and question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Weenie, report and question
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:16:41 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/2005 7:45:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mbarron37@comcast.net writes:

Also,
can you recommend someone to overhaul if I  remove?

This sounds like one of the 90% of carb problems being electrical.

However, spray 10 W 40 at the carb shafts, and if the idle increases you
need to rebush them.
Are both carbs set at the same mixture. If you don't have a Colortune, turn
the both jets all the way in and then come back 12 flats (some people prefer 8
 flats as an pintail setting)

After years of playing around with my "hard starting" TR4A, I finally broke
down and took the carbs to Joe Curto and now the car starts on the first
crank,  and runs like a top. Apparently so much air was getting in thought the
worn
out  shafts that I could never choke the car enough. It did rum fine when
warm, with  a rich setting.

I am local to Joe Curto, took the carbs in, and he rebushed them  while he
wondered around taking phone orders and BSing about cars. Sold me the  rest of
the rebuild kit for $100. I know his rebuild prices are higher than  this,
maybe I am a likeable BSer.Very impressive operation for a shop in a  garage
next
to his house.
Check out joecurto.com

David Oliner