Re: Powder Coating at Home

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Powder Coating at Home
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:44:31 EDT
Powder coating is really easy and the results are great.
I powder coat very in sight.
You do tend to get carried away, for example I just renovated my daughter's
apartment, and powder coated the painted over circuit breaker panel.

However, you need alot of space.
The powder isn't all that cheap.
I picked up an Eastwood set-up, with extra powder, and a used oven for $100.
So that was very cost effective.
I have a very big garage, so the loss of floor space wasn't a factor for me.
But I  still had to wire the oven, and then built a sand basting cabinet.

It worked for me, but you do need space and alot of rusty crap.

I really don't think yo should use your regular oven and stay married to your
regular wife.

David Oliner
67 TR4A
67 Midget