Re: Woodward Dream Cruise

To: StuCohen@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Woodward Dream Cruise
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:52:23 -0400
At 12:55 AM 8/3/2005, StuCohen@aol.com wrote:
>Hello Detroit area Triumph owners.  I'm coming to Detroit from DC for the
>Dream Cruise in a couple weeks with my motorcycle...

Hey Stuart...  The Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club
has a gathering at a member's house in Royal Oak,
two blocks off of Woodward.  We all drive our
cars, park on his lawn, people walking by love
the mini car show.  You can walk to Woodward,
enjoy the cars, and then walk back when you've
reached your limit of exhaust fumes.  The local
TVR club has their gathering in the same
neighborhood as well.  We'd love to have you as
our guest.  It's Saturday, August 20th, people
start gathering around 8am.  From our club newsletter:

This is an open house party, so come when you
want to anytime after 8 am. The party lasts until
the traffic clears and the police open up the
streets (11:30pm  midnight). We provide
convenient on and off street parking, burgers,
dogs, bottled water, the grill, cooler capacity,
soft drinks, Indoor Plumbing, and shade to all
comers. Please BYOB, but please remember that
open alcohol is not permitted on Woodward. If you
want to, bring a small dish to pass. We are west
of Woodward, and on the day of the cruise the
best way to approach our house is from
Greenfield. Go north on Greenfield to Normandy
(13 = mile). Go right (east) on Normandy for <
mile until you reach Parkway. Turn right on
Parkway, and then immediately turn left on
Parkview (the street that goes up the hill). We are at 4008 Parkview.

Cheers,
Blake Discher
I will be driving my vintage British car for
charity in the 2005 America's British Reliability
Run, October 1st & 2nd, 2005!  Help me help kids
with cancer.  Please visit <http://abrr.org/> to
learn more about the run and make a donation in
ANY amount using a credit card via the secure
server.  Donations are fully tax deductible and
your entire donation goes to the National
Children's Cancer Society.  Thank you!