Re: '59 TR3A brake caliper problems...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '59 TR3A brake caliper problems...
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:38:52 -0400
> My mechanic just replaced pistons and seals in the front brake calipers
> only
> to find they are leaking worse than before. He says the grooves where the
> seals fit are so badly pitted that the seals can't seal. Suggests sending
> them
> off to someone who can rework those grooves. Know anyone who does that?
> Regards,  Roland

Roland,

Try www.applehydraulics.com.  They fixed my front calipers after I'd
buggered the relief valve with not one, but two broke-off easy-outs ( which
I think cost me just $20 extra).  NFI, but these guys became my heros.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (Body off restoration,  BUT...the restored frame and rebuilt
brakes/steering/drive train yesterday went into the actual garage of the
body guy, and we lifted the re-welded/repaired nose onto the car!  Whoo Hoo!
New Hampshire