Re: VTR 2006; was TR6 wheel nut size

To: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>, Dave1massey@cs.com,
Subject: Re: VTR 2006; was TR6 wheel nut size
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:41:34 -0500
> I hate to disagree with you Dave, but having spent
> extended time in both a dry heat environment (El Paso) and
> a humid heat environment (Little Rock), I have to say
> humidity makes a world of difference - 95 w/70% humidity
> is MUCH more miserable (and dangerous) than 115 w/10%
> humidity ...

I agree 100%.  I was in Texas in August 2000 buying my TR4.
San Antonio, Comfort, Austin, Waco, Dallas, Rowlett,
Sherman.  It was hot by any standard.  105 to 110.

If the wind was out of the west, it was dry and I was OK.
All I had to do was drink lots of water.  Sweat evaporated
immediately.  The 108 at the autocross site in Waco was
preferable to a 90-degree day in Minnesota.

If the wind was out of the east, it was humid and I was near
death.  Huge quantities of sweat pouring off me.  The water
I was drinking kept me alive, but that's all.  This was
worse than any day I had spent outdoors in Minnesota.

Phil Ethier