Re: Fuel pumps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel pumps
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 05:37:04 -0700
> Aren't these the ones that run constantly, or at least click  constantly?
Yes, but if mounted correctly the noise is hardly noticeable.  I've had a
Faucet pump on my Spitfire for over 15 years (until The fuel injection went
on) and never noticed it while the car was running.  It was mounted in the
trunk on rubber isolation mounts.  I did save it because it was so
reliable, and it now resides in my wife's Spitfire - A nice side note is
that if the fuel becomes very low, the rattle becomes louder (and you'll
hear it) when the pump starts to run dry letting you know that your about
to run out of gas!
Barry Schwartz (San Diego)