RE: Synthetic Blend motor oils

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Synthetic Blend motor oils
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:46:38 -0800
> A 'Synthetic Blend' of motor oil has been highly recommended to me.  Does
> anyone have good reasons to use something else?

Only thing that worries me ... the courts just recently ruled that there is
no minimum synthetic content to be called a "blend".  Supposedly some of the
current "blends" on the market contain only 3% synthetic content ... which
is about what ordinary "dinosaur juice" contains (as additives).

Kinda reminds me of my Dad (who was a chemistry professor at the time)
assigning a project to his Analytic Chemistry students to discover how much
Boron was in a particular gasoline that bragged about their Boron content.
They couldn't find any ... which is probably why today they only advertise
"secret formula" additives.

Randall