Re: TR4A Stromberg choke anchor?

To: Jeff Tedder <jtedder68@cox.net>, triumph list
Subject: Re: TR4A Stromberg choke anchor?
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 04:19:36 -0800 (PST)
Jeff,

On my TR-4A the choke cable comes up from from bottom, through a barrell clamp
attached to the choke cam.  The barrell clamp has a small hole for the wire,
and a larger hole for the cable casing, though the casing does not go through
the barrell.

I attached a few pics...I hope they help.

Jim
'67 TR-4A
'68 GT6
'73 Spit6

Jeff Tedder <jtedder68@cox.net> wrote:
List,

I am trying to figure out how the choke is anchored to the carbs on CD175
stromberg carbs. It's obvious where the choke cable connects, but I don't
see any convenient point to anchor the outer cable so that the inner cable
will pull the choke lever. Any assistance is appreciated!

TIA

Jeff Tedder

'66 & '67 TR4A

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
choke2.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
choke4.JPG]