TR4 Console to Dash Bracket-Reproduction Project

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Console to Dash Bracket-Reproduction Project
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:50:49 EST
If you have a TR4 (not TR4A) you might be interested in a replacement or to
get a different bracket (for modern radio/cd player)

Update:

Order Status for Early Bracket   =  3    Bends extend rearward (recess)
Order Status for Late Bracket     =  5    Bends extend forward (protrudes)

The later bracket might be the best choice for everyone...it fits and some
think it looks better, especially with radio installed. Originality might be
the
only issue here for you and would make my life easier.

$30 is for 'blank bracket' with no radio opening or crinkle finish.

Common opening for modern Radio/CD 'appears' to be 2.00"  X  7.25".
Width of  original bracket ranges from 7.50" to 8.oo" with taper.

If you have placed an intent to order or plan to, please include shipping
information and style of bracket.

If someone out there is already doing reproductions, please let me know. This
is only a one time run for me and I can stop now.

The quote I have for (5 ) pieces happens to be $30/unit.

I am determined to produce at least the later style bracket, so depend on
that unless another source surfaces.

Iowa Laser Technologies says that lead time is 4-5 weeks from order placement.

Thanks to Carl Sereda and Kurtis Jones for the dimensions, drawings and
marketing input. Carl said that the later bracket would lead the early bracket
2 to 1. On a small sample size, it appears he is right.

Joe Alexander
Jesup, Iowa
319.827.2745