rear suspension messed with?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear suspension messed with?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:28:32 -0500
Today I worked on my rear suspension (and used manuals, BTW).  The leaf
spring's front attachment was much harder than I thought to remove the spring.
Even when I got it off I noticed that the new supposedly correct
rubber/urethane bushings from TRF were not large enough.  However, these
bushings did fit the rear attachment for the leaf spring.  This made me think
that perhaps the PO had messed with the rear suspension.
    IOW, the rear spring bushing kit sent to me from TRF contained 8 of the
same (urethane?) bushings.  Why, then, does my car need two different sizes?

Also, I took off the old rear axle buffers which had been 'wired' on the rear
axle.  Is this the way things are suppose to be?

I have yet to have my car running!  Someday soon!
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A