TR6 engine oil leak

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 engine oil leak
From: "Paradise Music" <paradise.71@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:01:44 GMT
Hello, the list.  My TR6 engine, which has maybe 2K on it since the rebuild is
leaking oil quite badly on the left side of the block, near the front where the
plate mounts onto the block.  This plate is where the t.chain cover screws
onto.  Forgive my lack of a technical term.
  Any ideas what could be causing the leak?  Front main seal?  Gasket?  I
haven't had this sort of problem before, and before I tear into this, I would
like to into the knowledge pool.  Can anyone help me here?  Is this common?
The engine was broken in carefully, and has not been driven hard.  Spirited
ocasionally, but not often, and has never been abused.  Thanks in advance,
Bryan C. Loy
Paradise Music
Clinton, Tn.