U-joints

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: U-joints
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:50:41 -0800
Hi Listers,
        I have read that if you have to replace one U-Joint in the
TR6, then it is a good idea to replace all of them ... OK ... can
anyone tell me just how difficult that is for a average mechanic (me)
with very little experience in the TR6   (TR3s I know) ??   Or is it
something I should have done by a professional?    And if that is the
case is there a pro in Northern California ... anywhere within 100
miles of Sacramento that you would go to?  Or if a group of TR6rs
would like to help with the project here in Wallace  I would gladly
provide food and strong beverages ... <G>  it  would be a big help
and besides you would get to see and work on a true Concours TR6 ...
well OK, it used to be concours ... until Fred Thomas powder coated
the valve cover and air filter box ... <G> just kidding Fred, they
look great.  Last question if I take it to a pro what should I expect
to pay??
        Thanks for all the sage advice so far.  We are making
progress, fuel tank  leak is fixed, clutch has been adjusted,  header
pipe gasket replaced, fan belt replaced, dizzy cap replaced (after a
trip to the shop via AAA tow truck), all the  gunk cleaned  out of
the trunk/spare tire space ... been leaking gas for some time ...
rear brakes adjusted, after freeing up frozen adjuster (good advice
there from the list).  BTW when I said "we" I was including
AnnaBelle, she has been right by my side helping with all the
projects ... whatagal!!!

Thanks again for your help
--
Bill  Pugh