RE: adjusting a TR3 handbrake

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: adjusting a TR3 handbrake
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 21:22:54 -0500
When I installed new cables for my '59 restoration, I could not get the rear
cables to be taught enough to adequately engage the brakes.  I tried
everything and could still not get them to work properly.  I ended up
cutting the length of the adjustment bolts so that the take-up was short and
this then provided me with enough tension when the leaver was engaged to
properly operate the brake.  Still not sure if this was a problem with
getting the wrong part for the TR3 or what, but never could figure out why
it didn't work without the modification.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3