Re: Crank bearing clearances

To: Big Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Crank bearing clearances
From: Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:14:13 -0700
Well, the book says that if the journal is more than .002 out of round
it needs to be ground, so I would assume (there's that word again) that
.002 would be a good working maximum clearance, but .0015 may well be
better.  That would apply to both, and an application of plastigage
would give it to you.  For what it's worth, my MGB manual shows mains
variation of .001 to .0027, the same as for your rods.
Regards,
Bill