Re: TR3A SU rebuild

To: "Jim & Kay" <jscott16@netexpress.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3A SU rebuild
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:02:56 -0700
>Speaking of SU's, should it take the strength of two people
>to pull the choke cable out?  I bought the original choke cable
>and rebuilt the jets and they operate easy bu t when everything
>is hooked up it's a bear to pull the choke.

Mine was harder to pull before the rebuild.  One of the listers
suggested that I pull out the jet after the rebuild and polish it (I
used very fine steel wool) and then slide it back in.  This seemed to
slightly improve the ease of movement.

>Also, my choke cable
>has to be routed around the right side of the heater core and the
>solid part of the cable up next to the knob, the 4-5 inches before
>it turns into the flexible cable, almost hits the heater.  Does this
>sound
>right or has my heater been moved a bit?

I just went out & looked at mine & the cable rubs the heater case on
the right side (wore the paint off at the contact point).

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr
Glendale, AZ 85308