RE: Most Dangerous Tool

To: "'Kevin Thompson'" <kthompson@whoi.edu>, "'TR list'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Most Dangerous Tool
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:13:40 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From owner-triumphs at Autox.Team.Net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net] On Behalf Of Kevin Thompson
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 9:53 AM
To: TR list

I'd half to go with the angle grinder with the wire wheel. It seems to
grab whatever's available and toss it around the shop, or into me.
  A couple years ago a piece of wire tossed itself into my hand, between
2 fingers. I thought most of it was sticking out, which was about an
inch long. Turns out those wires are around 3 inches long, with most of
it inside me.....
  I now wear gloves.....although they get caught quite easily as well
inside the wheel. I also realized how important the goggles are!
Kevin
Cape Cod, Ma.
http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/

You only have to get a piece of rusty steel lodged in your eyeball once
to reinforce the importance of eye protection.  And safety glasses are
not enough.  I have had bits come around the glasses and get in the eye.
So I always wear goggles when operating any power tools.

Joe