Re: What a gift

To: jim.wallace@netscape.ca
Subject: Re: What a gift
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:50:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Why not scan it in sections and paste them together in Photoshop.  You could
take out the yellow while you are at it.
Dave

I had looked into this a bit myself and it's complicated by three factors:

- -size of sheets - it's a full size newspaper
- -age - the sheets are getting kind of crispy
- -size of text - very small requiring very high resolution = huge file sizes
(maybe not so big a problem)

A friend of mine works at a place that converts old maps to electronic
files, using big feed-through scanners, and while they could cope with the
size, the fragility was an issue.

Anyway just to say it will probably require somethig pretty specialized -
are there such things as huge flatbed scanners?
Jim "wish I had Phil's dad's Auburn" Wallace