Restrictor Valve

To: owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Restrictor Valve
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:16:23 -0500 |July 24, 2002) at 12/13/2004 09:15:56 AM
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
As I slowly trudge along thru my TR4 resto, I am currently working on the
brake system.  As I have come across a pretty crusty, rusty part
(apparently not available by the big 3) I realize that it is a restrictor
valve.  This is a pretty tall hex piece that fits in between the 5 way
valve (that bolts to the frame)  and the line that feeds from the brake MC.
There appears to be a slotted screw inside (a pretty rusty slotted screw).
I held my breath and carefully counted the turns as I attempted to
dis-assemble, waiting anxiously for parts & pieces to spring in every
direction.  After exactly 10 full revolutions, nothing.
I guess if anyone knows where these are available new, that would be great.
If not, any clue how to dis-assemble and thoroughly clean?  I let it soak
in brake fluid for about a week, but it is still pretty nasty looking
inside.
Also, as I drove up  Rt 128 north in Waltham, Mass at roughly 5:00pm
(returning home from another New England Patriots Victory) I saw what
appeared to be a very nice TR4 on a trailer.  Anyone on the list?
Thanks,
John Dunham
Development Engineering
Teradyne Connection Systems