Wheels - Next Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels - Next Question
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:47:47 -0700 (PDT)
The investigation continues ...

I have narrowed down the options to three (in order of preference):

1. Use longer wheel studs and spacers(no permanent modification to vehicle)
2. Use wheel adapter to change bolt pattern to fit wheels with better
backspacing match to the TR. (still no permanent mods)
3. Redrill hubs to new bolt pattern.

I have aquired a set of Honda Accord steel wheels (for free!) for testing
purposes to see if they can be adapted to my TR4A.  The bolt pattern is a
perfect match, and measuring the backspacing I come up with 6".  Measuring the
backspacing on my wife's Stag wheels (which I thought would be similar to a
TR's) gives me a backspace of 4 3/4", for a net difference of 1 1/4" - which
should be doable with spacers and long studs.  What I need is a conformation of
what a stock TR wheel dimensions are to confirm my calculations.

Thanks in advance,

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"