Re: I did it

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I did it
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:52:06 -0400
> > to have it here within 2 weeks. My debate being if I will drive it home or
> > trailer it. Either way, right now, it seems like the planets are in
> alignment
> > and things are right with the world now that I know I wil soon be behind a
> > big wheel in an LBC soon enough.

I can't add much to what others have said, but I'd come down on the side
of "drive it home."  This will tell you immediately everything that's
wrong with the car, not to mention a great adventure, and will -- more
quickly than anything -- give you the sense of proprietorship that
usually comes only with having maintained and improved a vehicle for
years.

One simple thing you can in preparation for rain is wax the windshield.
This will noticeably help it shed water, and make life easier on the
wiper motor, giving the blades extra glide.

If you can get the front alignment checked before you start out, I'd
recommend that, along w/an assessment of the wheel bearings.  You should
also obviously be concerned about any signs of overheating, perhaps
adding some Water Wetter to the rad, and I'd want the motor oil to be
clean, or at least the filter to be new.  Ditto on the fuel filter.
You might also want to visually inspect the prop shaft joints for
soundness.

Good luck.  Leave enough time, so you don't have to rush.  Take the
cell.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6