Re: Header paint

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header paint
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:05:53 -0400
> I have a customer who wants his stock exhaust manifold painted red. I
can't
> find any paint that I think will stay on in a red color. I can find only
> black, gray, and aluminum.
>
> Does anyone know of a red paint for this? Will the brake caliper paints
now
> on the market withstand this kind of heat for prolonged periods?
>
> uncle jack
Jack, you might try Dupli-color High Heat Ceramic, which comes in red.  I
used it for both my engine and exhaust manifold.  It has stood up
wonderfully for the summer.  Small note:  the body is still off my car and I
haven't started my rebuilt engine yet....  ahem.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A

Check out the new British Cars Forum: