WARNING: Probable Surrey Top Fraud

To: "owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6-PACK Membership Secretary" <membership@6-pack.org>
Subject: WARNING: Probable Surrey Top Fraud
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:58:04 -0400
I'm Mark Walker and I own (or my wife does) a TR-250.

About a month ago I purchased a Surrey Top from Hector in Laredo TX.  I have
been trying for the last two weeks to get a response to emails or other
inquiries about the shipping status of the top.  No response.  As it got close
to one month since the purchase I decided to take action to protect any claim
I had with PayPal (note for future reference, claims are to filed with PayPal
within short time periods, usually one month).  These are the surrey tops that
were advertised on ebay over the past couple of months.

I don't have a top yet and here is what I have learned so far about my chances
of getting one.

At least one member of the Triumph list received a top.  It was OK but needed
new rubber and work to be good.  He sounded disappointed about the quality.

At least one other person received a top and appears very disappointed in the
quality and condition of the top.

Four others have purchased tops (five including me) and have not received the
tops.

PayPal has refunded money on at least one of the purchases for non delivery of
the goods.

I have filed a complaint with PayPal and asked for my money back.

If it is not outright fraud it is at least very poor business.

Feel free to email me or call me with any questions you may have.   Should
Hector come through with the goods I'll be sure to notify the list.

Mark Walker
TR250@mindspring.com
865-982-4802 9-5