TR3 ....recollections from my 63 TR3 in 1964 and over heating

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 ....recollections from my 63 TR3 in 1964 and over heating
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:15:13 -0400
List,
I was fortunate enough to acquire a 63 TR3B in 64 and I belive it had 7,xxx
miles or so on it. It was spa white, wires, overdrive, black top and black
seat covers w/white stripping.  It gave 28mpg at 70mph on the interstate
and I could count on 100 miles /quarter tank.  I lived, and still do, in
Georgia and no matter what the temp, the temperature gauge was always
centered in the middle.  I really do not remember whether it was C or F ,
but I belive it was F.  Point is, I never worried about over heating with it.

After my TR4 motor was rebuilt in the late 90's, I could let it sit and
idle for 45m to an hour and it did not overheat either.