VTR Shill bidding?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List)
Subject: VTR Shill bidding?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:26:13 +0000
Well, I was at the auction, and I was sitting near the back.  I did not notice
any odd bidding patterns.  I am sure that there were RTR members bidding, but
everybody I saw bidding seemed to want the item, if only for a very low price,
and did not then make any follow-up bids.
I was thrilled with the auction.  I got two parts I was unable to find
elsewhere, and got them at a great price.
I got a pair of  vinyl TR4A door caps.  The repro parts (I found) were
unacceptable.  The fit was poor, the finish was not at all like the original,
and they were not even straight.  The repro parts do not have the extensions of
the vinyl to go under the door panel and over the edge to be held in place by
the felt tril against the window.
I also got a nice original windshield washer reservoir.  I have a new one, but
it is not like the orginal.  My original bottle was cracked.
I am pretty sure I got deductions in the concours judging for both of these
deficiencies.  They will not be deficient any more!!!
I loved the convention!  I loved the auction too.
-Tony Rhodes