[TR6] thermostat for electric fan - fits tee for vacuum switch? from [15

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR6] thermostat for electric fan - fits tee for vacuum switch? from [151.200.140.53] at Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:31:08 -0500
From: Ted Stevens <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:30:44 -0400
I want to use the cast-iron tee from the thermostatic vacuum switch, remove
the switch and thread in a fan thermostat, and move it to the lower
radiator hose.  I recall a description on the list (either triumphs or
6pack) a couple of years ago that listed an electric fan thermostat that
would thread in the hole, but I can't find it in the archives.

(I even bought a thermostatic vacuum switch from a fellow that had removed
it from the tee in order to install an electric fan thermostat in a big
Healey, but I can't seem to find the emails I exchanged with him, either.)

So, anybody know of a thermostat that'll fit in the TR6 emissions-control
"tee", or what the thread specs on that tee are?

Ted Stevens
trstevens@earthlink.net