RE: Anti-sway bar on TR3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Anti-sway bar on TR3
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:00:44 -0700
a Wallace wrote :

> FWIW, Here is how I mounted mine:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/wallaces_21/addco.html

Something that Addco is apparently not very good at making clear ... their
"TR3" front swaybar kit only fits TR3A and TR3B.  If you're trying to fit it
to a TR2 or TR3, then you will have to fabricate a mounting bracket (as
shown).  For the later cars it will bolt to the bumper mounts (where mine
is), but the 3A has different mounts than the smallmouth TRs do.

I believe their listing is also wrong where it says the TR3B takes the same
rear bar as a TR4.  I've never put a rear bar on a TR3B, but I don't know of
any reason the TR3A bar won't fit.  And the TR4 rear bar will not fit a TR3A
without modification.

However, when I got the wrong rear bar through JC Whitney, I contacted Addco
directly and they solved my problem.  That was a long time ago, perhaps they
wouldn't do it today, but it's worth a try.  They shipped me the TR3A rear
brackets (without requiring I return the TR4 ones) and told me how to bend
the bar I had to suit my car.

Randall