RE: Choke cable adjustment

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Choke cable adjustment
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:51:59 -0700
> I haven't found a good description of how it should operate.
> There seems to be 2 stops as I pull it out from the dash. When should the
> jets begin to lower?

Joe, I've never had a working original choke cable, but ISTR there should be
more like 3 or 4 stops.

In any case, yes, the fast idle cam should move first, such that there is a
position that will raise (hot) idle to about 2000 rpm without lowering the
jets.

There also needs to be enough slack when the knob is pushed in fully that
all of the spring force is transmitted to the jets (to push them back up
into the carb).

So, my procedure is : with the jets and knob both fully home, tighten the
clamps.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (back on the road, WooHoo!)
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver wannabe (waiting for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly