Re: sway bars http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: frede.thomas2@verizon.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sway bars http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:35:31 -0500
I'm sorry, but I lost track.  What exact model of car are we talking about
for sway bars?

I put an ADDCO front bar on our TR4 in 2002.  There seemed to be a lot less
choice for the TR4 than the TR4A.

I got the bar from J C Whitney.  The whole price deliveed with optional
poly bushings for the end links was 140 US dollars.

The car handles much better.

I have picked up autocross trophies at the 2002 VTR and the 2003 Rendezvous
in Thunder Bay.  The worst thing the car did sans bar was spin the inside
rear tire.  The front bar cured that pretty well.  A rear bar would bring
back that problem and would also knock you out of Stock class for both VTR
and SCCA autocross rules.

The car also feels a lot more solid on the road with the front bar.  A
win/win, I think.

Phil Ethier