Re: TR3A Generator

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Generator
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:53:36 -0700
Triumph TR2 wrote:

>I found a post with test method, but have a dumb question - with the generator
>disconnected, I'm assuming the #3 and #4 tests are done at the leads which
>were connected to the D and F terminals, not on the terminals themselves?

Tests described are performed at the terminals (themselves) on a
disconnected generator... i.e. leads removed, generator & belt still in
place and engine running.  One terminal is wide (D) and one is narrow
(F).  I assume D & F mean 'dynamo' and 'field'?  Implicit in these
set-ups is that to check the voltage you also have to connect the other
voltmeter lead to a ground.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4