Re:Electric Brake Light Switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re:Electric Brake Light Switch
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:38:00 -0800
David...

I assume you are talking about an electric brake light switch... I
recently added one to my TR3 and now I have brake lights just as soon as
I touch the pedal.   I made a 3 sided folded "box like" bracket  out of
16 GA steel and painted it black.  I could easily bend it with a vice
and the side plate was bent in more that 90% so it reinforces the
front.   I bought a generic brake light switch with a button on the end
that hits the back of the brake pedal when depressed.   It fits through
a hole in the front of the bracket and has a threaded shaft that allows
for fine adjustment after installation.   I attached my "box like"
bracket to two of the mounting bolts that hold the pedal assembly to the
tub.   The shape was a little tricky to fit around the pedal return
springs as I remember but it worked out very well and easy.     I think
I tossed the cardboard pattern but I will check.

Good luck,  Billl Hook
57 TR3