Re: Fuel Line Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Line Question
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:27:31 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Cc: sportsix63@yahoo.com
Take a short piece of 5/16" flared brake line with the fitting that came on it.
 It should screw into the fuel pump.  Ream the cut end a bit so that you can
slip the 1/4" line into it, smear flux on everything and solder it together.
While you are at it, replace all of those funky short pieces of rubber hose
near the carbs with brass compression fittings.
Dave

From: jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>
Subject: Fuel Line Question

I replaced the fuel line out of the fuel pump with 1/4
american line and a 1/4 inch sleeve. They won't seal
up. All the times before I have used the original line
and sleeve that was on the car. This time the parts
were to worn to use. What do I need to do to get this
leak stopped? My local parts stores have been useless.
The fuel pump is on a GT-6.

=====