RE: Really Weird - Cold TR3

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Really Weird - Cold TR3
From: "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:10:12 -0700 i5LIA3RJ028196
Darrell,

You'll probably get better advice than mine, but have you checked your
thermostat?  Maybe it is sticking or diaphragm torn, broken.. ?

It should stay closed til car is warmed and open at certain temp , if engine
temp drops, then water temp should too which would reclose thermostat to
keep engine warm.

At least take it out and check the opening temperature of yours.

I know I have never had that problem in my 4, it just likes to overheat.

David R. Hammond
62 TR4 #CT 17780LO
68 TR250 #CD 185LO