RE: My opinion

To: <tr3a@xs4all.nl>
Subject: RE: My opinion
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:37:45 -0700
Cc: "Listers" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> It could be they now supply the Mocal adapter, which comes with both fine
> and course thread spigots. I don't know, mine was supplied by RevingtonTR.

It's not a matter of coarse vs fine threads ... the early bypass filter
heads are quite a bit different internally than the later full-flow filter
heads.  Both are coarse threads, but the early heads take a much longer
center bolt.  Of course, it's possible the spin-on adapter is supplied with
both a short and a long center bolt, but I'll bet money they aren't.  I know
the last one I saw, which came from Moss last year, was not.

Randall