TR4 electrical woes i5EBb9gs011675

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 electrical woes i5EBb9gs011675
From: "Andrew Taylor" <ataylor@mail.hrca.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:30:39 -0400
Two weeks ago, my ignition switch apparently shorted out as I was driving. The
short made the starter engage as I was driving, hastening its demise. The list
was incredibly helpful in figuring out a cheap and quick fix to the starter and
I bought a new ignition switch from Moss. All had been well until yesterday
when I turned the lights on (without turning the ignition switch) to figure out
which parking light bulb needed replacing. Smoke and the smell of burning
rubber came pouring out of the dash. This time the short seems to be in a
different place than the last one. Only the wire from the lights was singed,
whereas last time the ground and the wires below it were singed. (I'm at work
and don't have schematics in front of me, so I can't be any more specific than
that right now.) Also, ever since I replaced the starter and ignition switch,
the engine light has been on. What's going on here? Where do I start to trouble
shoot this? I cleaned up the wire and it didn't short out a second time and the
ignition turned the starter just fine and all seemed well. But, I'm just
waiting for the next time this happens.

Driving on tenterhooks,

Andy Taylor
Boston

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain
confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI)
that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or
designee, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of any and all attachments to this transmission is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender. Please destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any
manner. Thank you. Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged and its
affiliates.