Re: TR3 Timing gear cover coating

To: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Timing gear cover coating
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:50:06 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
That's about the mark, Geoff - good, honest, reliable Standard-Triumph
slap-it-on-and-hope build quality for an unsuspecting world. As for the
original enquiry, the product used was white bitumen, the stuff we use in
the UK for lines on roads. I was talking recently to an old old man who told
me how the company came to use it but as it takes up bandwidth, I won't
bother the list with it

Jonmac

>There was a thread a few months back about what sound deadening material
>should be coated on the timing gear cover...was there a definitive answer
on
>what I should use?

You mean the stuff Jonmac described as "looking like the last of an old
batch of bondo applied with a wooden spoon by someone wearing a
blindfold"... or words to that affect.

---