Spitfire/GT Driveshaft Length

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire/GT Driveshaft Length
From: jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 17:01:37 -0700 (PDT)
I've been using the slip-joint driveshafts on my O/D
conversions. A local company has been doing the
cutting and balancing for me. Now I need another one
done( this time lengthen) they have stopped that
service. So... I need to know some stock lengths on
the slip-joint shafts. The one I shorten has a tube
length of 36 1/2 inches. Can someone tell me the
length of the standard non overdrive shaft?
Thanks.

=====
Jim Williams
  62 Triumph Sports 6  50,000 miles
  67 Sunbeam Alpine S V  59,000 miles
  70 Triumph 13/60 Estate (almost 6cyl. powered)
  71 AMC Javelin SST 401 59,000 miles
  90 Mustang 5.0 (4,000 miles)
  04 Toyota Scion x/B
  94 Nissan Maxima 55,000 miles