RE: if the TR3 were made today

To: "Triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: if the TR3 were made today
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:09:53 -0700
> I've always said that if Triumphs were being made today, I'd like to think
> they'd be alot like my 2000Honda S2000. Push button starting,
> plastic window
> in the top, hardtop available, and no clock. Also, alot of fun to drive.

IMO a S2000 is more comparable to a big Healey or maybe a Jag ... fast, fun,
but expen$ive.  The TR3, at least in America, was cheap enough to be a
reasonable alternative as a working man's first new car, which I believe
explains their enormous popularity here compared to their more expensive
competition.  They were even cheaper than MGs ! (in addition to beating them
in every other category)

Randall