Re: fender vents

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: fender vents
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:16:08 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jack W. Drews wrote:

> I have a friend who wants vents in his front fenders like the rallye
> cars. It seems to me that somebody in the UK was making a kit for
> this. Anybody know who is selling these?

I remember Mike Clemente's car from Breck also, everything my second TR4
would be if 1. I had a second TR4 to prepare as a street/works-style
rallye car, and 2. I had the money to do that to my imaginary second
TR4. Er, if my wife asks, like Jack I have "a friend" who wants a works
replica rallye TR4.

But Revington TR sells front wing ducts that are probably what "your
friend" wants. Your friend should trade an email with them to make sure
it's both the duct and the grill bit. Seems like a fair price for a
pair. Perhaps there are others on the list who would want a pair too and
your friend could share shipping costs? From their site at
http://www.revingtontr.com, they list:

RTR7019, DUCT FRONT WING RALLY TR4 PAIR
Pair of front wing vent ducts. Aluminium as used on works cars.
excluding VAT 59.50GBP

You can see a Revington works TR4 on this page, presumably their duct is
a lot like the one on the real thing:

http://www.revingtontr.com/oldsite/PAGE18.htm

--
Steven Newell