RE: TR3 Vertical Link

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Vertical Link
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:30:16 -0700
> I bought a new vertical link
> off of Ebay
> that is NOS. This vertical link has a crank to it for caster. From the
> threaded part at the bottom there is a bend so that the top part
> of the link
> is aft of the bottom part by a small amount.

I believe that means it's from a TR4A, which unlike the TR2-4, had some
castor to the front suspension.

> The new vertical links from
> MOSS have the same part number, meaning that they are selling the same
> vertical link for left or right sides.

You'll note they're different side to side for the 4A ...

> Did I buy the wrong link?

Yup !

>      I need to know because soon because someone is selling a TR4 vertical
> link on Ebay that I am thinking of bidding on.

Well, just be sure it's really a TR4 and not a TR4A, should be OK.

Some people do not know the difference between a TR4 and a TR4A without IRS

Randall