TR6 BMH Front Valance -- Quality Fit etc. 69-74 vs 75-76

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 BMH Front Valance -- Quality Fit etc. 69-74 vs 75-76
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 02:35:49 -0400
I may have asked this before -- not sure.

I'm trying to decide whether to purchase a new front valance for my 71
TR6 or repair the old one, and have some questions about the quality and
fit of the new ones.

The following is from one of TRF's sales fliers.

"As I write the front valances are a problem The soft tooling made by
BMH a few years back has worn out... "

I asked Dave at TRF about this and I was left with the impression that
he was unaware of any major problems with the front valance. Maybe I
misunderstood him, but I think he said the fit was fine but maybe some
of the edges on the cut-outs were not as crisp and clean as they might be.

Has anyone purchased new BMH front valances recently and can you comment
on their fit and quality?

Also, I have heard that the later 75-76 front valance *may* be of better
fit and quality even though the flasher holes may have to be moved.
Moving the flasher holes may be easier than getting an early 69-74
valance to fit. Any comments on this?

Thanks,

Don Malling